Thursday, June 21, 2012

No Peeking






I’ve had it all wrong this whole time.  I misunderstood the “tree falling in the woods” question.  If you are not familiar with it, it goes something like this:  If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear, does it make a noise?

(“Of course it makes a noise!” I thought. “Why would it not?”)

But it turns out there is a scientific reason why it might not.  Now, I finally get it.  Apparently, in quantum physics (which I do not even pretend to understand), waves and particles of energy act differently when we’re paying attention to what they are doing, than when we are not.  I have been going about this whole “Law of Attraction” thing completely in the wrong way.  I heard my mentors when they said “don’t get emotionally attached to the outcome”, but I misunderstood that.  Really, what they mean is, once you hold the intention, let it go. Do not wait for this thing to happen or magically appear on your doorstep. Instead, let God and the Universe do their thing, and...

NO Peeking! 

I know you want to look, but don’t. Just like we can never look back, we cannot look for results either.  Now is where you are, where “it” is. Do what feels natural and right in this moment. Trust your instincts.  Be and do the most you can – rightnow  
 

No comments: