Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Lylas Syndrome

A dear friend of mine took a not so flattering photo of me at an event we both attended last fall, and posted it to Facebook, "tagging" me in it.

Now I should be angry with her but I am not, and here's why.

I think she suffers from the Lylas Syndrome, and that is a good thing. In fact, I am flattered.

What exactly is the Lylas Syndrome, you ask?



When I was a kid, and I am sure many of you experienced this as well, my friends and I used to sign our notes to each other with L.Y.L.A.S. which stood for "Love you like a sister".



Back then it was just a fun thing to do, but as the years go by, I have learned to seek out and notice when I have a friend who treats me like a sister. If my friend indeed suffers from the Lylas Syndrome, then she does not see my bad side. She does not notice what an awful picture that is of me. She just sees a photo of her friend/sister.... her Lylas.

That means the world to me.

How to set up perfect photograph poses

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Indeed, KK. What a beautiful, beautiful sentiment! My very best friend in high school signed all her notes to me that way. It touched me then and it still touches me now. Maybe it's because I never had a biological sister myself, I dunno. But it "gets me right here."

LYLAS,

Darcy